Dancing with the Stars is back! Or as it's known in my house, Dancing with the Moderately Recognizable! Here are my thoughts on the season so far:
Chad Ochocinco and Cheryl:
I wanted to dislike him on general principle (he's friends with Terrell Owens after all), but I was pleasantly surprised. He's kinda cute and surprisingly humble. And he's got rhythm. Plus, I love Cheryl. I'm hoping he lasts for a long time, despite those lower-than-deserved scores last night.
Shannen Doherty and Mark:
Full confession: I'm a Brenda girl and I never forgave Kelly and Dylan for betraying her like that. So I need her to last longer than Jennie Garth did on her season. She looked a little stiff and nervous last night, but I thought she did great. And I'm totally cheering her on.
Erin Andrews and Maks:
Despite being a sports nut, I had no idea who this girl was. My husband was the one had to tell me. Sidenote: I find it so interesting how the same guy who laughs at me for knowing things like Shannen and Pamela Anderson share an ex-husband, could tell me all kinds of details about this woman. In any event, thought she did fine, but she made no real impression. She's lucky she got paired with the hotness that is Maks. He'll definitely extend her shelf life for another few weeks.
Jake Pav-something and Chelsie:
Don't watch The Bachelor, so no clue who this guy is either. Love Chelsie (although I'd still rather watch reruns of her performances on SYTYCD than anything she's done on this show). I guess they were OK. I admit I started texting at this point.
Evan Lysacek and Anna:
He's really good, if kinda stiff and expressionless. Anna has worked miracles before (Jerry Rice in the finals anyone?) so with his natural talent they have a good shot to go far. Is he still dating Nastia Liukin? If so, my daughter will be on Team Evan.
Niecy Nash and Louis:
Another person I had no idea who she was. Seriously, I clearly need to get out more. I have no memory of her dancing, but she's funny and friends with Jesse Tyler Ferguson. Bonus points!
Nicole Scher-something and Derek:
Yeah, again, never heard of her. And Derek bugs me. I fast forwarded.
Buzz Aldrin and Ashly:
First off, yay for Ashly being back! She was always my husband's favorite. I don't know if that means he secretly wishes he'd married a ballroom dancing Mormon, but I'm okay with it. And that adorable dirty old man Buzz. So what if he can't dance? He's 80-years-old people. And he's been on the freaking moon. And he drinks Tang. It's all good.
Kate Gosselin and Tony:
We've all heard the rumors-- she's a diva, doesn't socialize with the cast. But we can't hate her based on just rumor. Instead we must hate her based on what we know to be fact-- bad hair extensions, way too much pink in that dress and copping a total attitude during the judging portion. My poor Tony. Someday he'll get a partner he can win with.
Aiden Turner and Edyta:
That much pretty in one place isn't fair. Thankfully God balanced it out by making sure he had no dancing ability to speak of.
Pamela Anderson and NewGuy:
Was she drunk?
So far I'm pulling for Ochocinco and Shannen. And of course Tom Bergeron, because he rocks. Who are your faves?
I thought Niecy, Evan, and Nicole were pretty good. But I'm not gonna lie, I thought Evan was gay. :X
ReplyDeleteOh, and I <3 Aiden Turner. Not his dancing, just him.
Thumbs Down:
ReplyDelete-Derek annoyance factor
-Kate G's schockingly bright perma-grin
-Knowing who more of the pro dancers are than the 'stars'
Thumbs Up:
-Niecy eating a cheeseburger on tv and giving a shout out to thick girls
-Ochocinco looking just as good in tight dancing pants as in tight football pants
-Erin representing the football fangurls[surprised you didn't know who she was ;-)]
peace,love, & two-stepping
PS: Whatever Pam Anderson was drinking or on...Will she share?
Ok first of all LMAO!! Jess.. hahahahaha!!
ReplyDeletenow.. love Niecy.. Just cuz.. well.. she's funny as hell..
anyone that dances with Maks.. um.. nuff said!
that man could floss his teeth and i would be drooling ;x
I thought all the "new" non pros looked like robots last night.. sorry I know its the first night but snooze.. waiting for it to get better..
"dirty old man" hahaha
Much Love <3 Kimmie
had no idea who neicy was but she won me over with her stern "all my jiggly parts WILL remain jiggly" warning. hehe. then, of course, the next shot was of her practicing in her skivvies...so, what? we could all enjoy the jiggly parts? i dunno but oh, neicy, you crack me UP.
ReplyDeleteword for word i agree about kate. sad but...yeah :/
i was too busy envying edyta's abilities and attributes to pay any attention to aiden's lack of anything...
*hifive* for ashly being back :)
...and aww, i love pam's attitude..."check!" lol
p.s. (totally spelled niecy wrong all over that comment) and...
ReplyDeletemaks *sigh*
that is all.
Is it just me or should this season of DWTS be renamed Dancing with the Whiners??? Never seen so much complaining by the 'stars' before. I mean, really?
ReplyDelete