It's been one busy and tough week.
And no, I'm not just talking about college football. (apologizes again to husband and football friends for not watching game live when apparently they always lose afternoon road games following a big win when I don't watch. Who knew?)
It's been one of those weeks that totally kicks you in the ass...the ones that always seem to come along just when you think you've got things figured out and are on a fairly even keel.
Work drama, friend drama, school drama. It all converged in a perfect storm of sucktitude.
And not just for me. The daughter and her bff of 3 years "broke up" (to use their term) for an entire 12 hours last week. While I initially thought her terminology was cute, I realized that it's actually quite accurate. Female friendships are filled with just as much as angst, drama, conflict, love, trust and laughter as any romantic relationship.
We support each other, love each other, laugh at each other. And, as an added bonus, understand the zen achieved through a finding the perfect shoes for an outfit, or a particularly successful expedition to Target.
My cousin told me the other night that she broke up with her boyfriend because he didn't "get" her. I reminded her that my husband and I have been together for going on 2 decades now and we don't get each other most of the time. That's what I have my girlfriends for.
Happily, the week from hell all worked out in the end. For both me and the daughter. And now, I'm going to sit back, enjoy my Sunday, and study the lengthy list of things I did to "cause" yesterday's loss so that my husband will speak to me again.
awwweee happy to hear u survived the week...i like how u described friendships and girlfriends ect very nice you have a way with words.....thanks for blogging and enjoy your week off!!!
ReplyDeletelove and respect always,
Laura
Love that word sucktitude! Yes it seems you can go out with girlfriends and discuss lifes issues and they get it,but the same conversation with spouse goes on for hours and they never get it.Guess if you have good friends that like food@shopping, with good analogy of conversation--well they seem to get!I know you have good girlfriends who get it!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your hellacious week of suckitude (i agree with jana, love the wordage). I knew you had super powers, but the ability to affect the outcome of football games just by your mere presence (or lack there of) is impressive...hubby needs to get a grip;-) Glad to hear you get a well deserved week off from one of your many jobs. Hopefully, your week will be filled with fun & frivolous texts and not therapy sessions(thank goodness for unlimited texting plans though).It's also nice to know the SuperRoomMom cape hasn't been banished to storage. You wear it well.
ReplyDeletepeace, love, & relaxation~
PS: I think you missed the memo about more name dropping in blogs, but thankfully you have friends that can pick up your slack in that department ;-)
Here's hoping you are having a better week this week!! Take Care..
ReplyDeleteKimmie
I hate weeks of suckitude as well but I'm glad it all worked out in the end. =)
ReplyDeleteP.S. Taking your daughter to the Wizards of Waverly Place set! I'm jealousss! hahaha